Обсуждение: problem in getting Large Object from pooled PostgreSQL / Tomcat 6

problem in getting Large Object from pooled PostgreSQL / Tomcat 6

От
ahmettemiz88@gmail.com
Дата:
hello

I am trying to Retrieve image ( Large Object) from pooled PostgreSQL /
tomcat 6:

I am having some exceptions from following

ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/bzk2");
Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
PGConnection pgCon = (PGConnection) ((DelegatingConnection)conn) //
****exception
.getInnermostDelegate();

lobj = ((org.postgresql.PGConnection)pgCon).getLargeObjectAPI();

SEVERE: JSF1054: (Phase ID: RENDER_RESPONSE 6, View ID: /iki.jsp)
Exception thrown during phase execution:
javax.faces.event.PhaseEventsource=com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl@1f0f0c8
Dec 19, 2008 6:04:21 PM org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter doXmlFilter
SEVERE: Exception in the filter chain
javax.servlet.ServletException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource
$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper cannot be cast to
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection

how can I solve the problem ?

regards

Re: problem in getting Large Object from pooled PostgreSQL / Tomcat 6

От
"Albe Laurenz"
Дата:
ahmettemiz88 wrote:
> I am trying to Retrieve image ( Large Object) from pooled PostgreSQL /
> tomcat 6:
>
> I am having some exceptions from following
>
> ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/bzk2");
> Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
> PGConnection pgCon = (PGConnection) ((DelegatingConnection)conn) //
> ****exception
> .getInnermostDelegate();
>
> lobj = ((org.postgresql.PGConnection)pgCon).getLargeObjectAPI();

[...]
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource
> $PoolGuardConnectionWrapper cannot be cast to
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection
>

> how can I solve the problem ?

I don't thing that this has anything to do with PostgreSQL.

Neither an org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper
nor an org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection are part of the PostgreSQL
JDBC driver.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: problem in getting Large Object from pooled PostgreSQL / Tomcat 6

От
"Dave Cramer"

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 3:12 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
ahmettemiz88 wrote:
> I am trying to Retrieve image ( Large Object) from pooled PostgreSQL /
> tomcat 6:
>
> I am having some exceptions from following
>
> ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/bzk2");
> Connection conn = ds.getConnection();
> PGConnection pgCon = (PGConnection) ((DelegatingConnection)conn) //
> ****exception
> .getInnermostDelegate();
>
> lobj = ((org.postgresql.PGConnection)pgCon).getLargeObjectAPI();

[...]
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource
> $PoolGuardConnectionWrapper cannot be cast to
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection
>

> how can I solve the problem ?
You have to get the underlying connection from the pooled connection.

Dave