Обсуждение: can i get your help?

can i get your help?

От
田忠磊

I am a develop of java .and I use postgres ,too.but I want to use the command of  “copy”, but the using the jdbc driver,

Can I use the the command ?and how can I can? I have try for serevel ways,but fails, can you help me.tthanks.

Best wishes,

                                                                 Tian zhonglei

Re: can i get your help?

От
"Albe Laurenz"
田忠磊 wrote:
> I am a develop of java .and I use postgres ,too.but I want to
> use the command of  “copy”, but the using the jdbc driver,
>
> Can I use the the command ?and how can I can? I have try for
> serevel ways,but fails, can you help me.tthanks.

There is no COPY support in the PostgreSQL JDBC driver.

There has been a patch to enable COPY support, but it was
never added to the source. You may try your luck with this
if you are willing to put up with the trouble.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-12/msg00186.php

The patch is for version 7.4, so it will probably need work.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: can i get your help?

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
Albe Laurenz wrote:
> 田忠磊 wrote:
>> I am a develop of java .and I use postgres ,too.but I want to
>> use the command of  “copy”, but the using the jdbc driver,
>>
>> Can I use the the command ?and how can I can? I have try for
>> serevel ways,but fails, can you help me.tthanks.
>
> There is no COPY support in the PostgreSQL JDBC driver.
>
> There has been a patch to enable COPY support, but it was
> never added to the source. You may try your luck with this
> if you are willing to put up with the trouble.
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-12/msg00186.php
>
> The patch is for version 7.4, so it will probably need work.

There is a more recent patch by Kalle Hallivuori:

http://kato.iki.fi/sw/db/postgresql/jdbc/copy/

I hope it gets included in the main driver soon.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas