Обсуждение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #2856: Jdbc 4 connector running on JDK 1.6 should

Re: [BUGS] BUG #2856: Jdbc 4 connector running on JDK 1.6 should

От
"Mike C."

Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Steve Langridge wrote:

> At the present time, I am not really interested in actually using the client
> info data at all - I really just need the getClientInfo() and setClientInfo()
> to rather not raise a not-implemented exception. With the JDBC 3 driver
> under Java 1.5, there were no problems, so I presume these methods were
> implemented - it is now a real hassle since when running under Java 1.6, one
> has to use the JDBC 4 driver.

These methods are new in JDBC 4 which is why it wasn't a problem with JDBC
3. I understand that all you want is not to error, but I don't think
that's appropriate behavior for all users.

Kris Jurka

This is getting old, would you accept the naive implementation and leave the bug open until someone implements the real logic? It's really a showstopper on Glassfish / JDK 1.6

    (AbstractJdbc4Connection.java)

    private Properties clientInfo = null;

    public void setClientInfo(String name, String value) throws SQLClientInfoException
    {
        if(clientInfo == null)
            clientInfo = new Properties();

        clientInfo.setProperty(name, value);
        //throw new SQLClientInfoException("Not implemented.", null);
    }

    public void setClientInfo(Properties properties) throws SQLClientInfoException
    {
        clientInfo = properties;
        //throw new SQLClientInfoException("Not implemented.", null);
    }

    public String getClientInfo(String name) throws SQLException
    {
        if(clientInfo == null)
            return null;

        return clientInfo.getProperty(name);
        //throw org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(this.getClass(), "getClientInfo(String)");
    }

    public Properties getClientInfo() throws SQLException
    {
        return clientInfo;
        //throw org.postgresql.Driver.notImplemented(this.getClass(), "getClientInfo()");
    }

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Mike C. wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Steve Langridge wrote:
>
>> At the present time, I am not really interested in actually using the client
>> info data at all - I really just need the getClientInfo() and setClientInfo()
>> to rather not raise a not-implemented exception. With the JDBC 3 driver
>> under Java 1.5, there were no problems, so I presume these methods were
>> implemented - it is now a real hassle since when running under Java 1.6, one
>> has to use the JDBC 4 driver.
>>

>  This is getting old, would you accept the naive implementation and
> leave the bug open until someone implements the real logic? It's really
> a showstopper on Glassfish / JDK 1.6

I've implemented this in a similar fashion.  The Javadoc spec indicates
that setting a clientinfo property that isn't supported is an error, so
I've done that.  So now it won't throw an error on getClientInfo or
setClientInfo with a null or empty properties.  Can you test this jar file
and see if it works for you?

http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/clientinfo/

Kris Jurka

Re: [BUGS] BUG #2856: Jdbc 4 connector running on JDK 1.6 should

От
"Mike C."
Дата:
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Mike C. wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Steve Langridge wrote:
>
>> At the present time, I am not really interested in actually using the client
>> info data at all - I really just need the getClientInfo() and setClientInfo()
>> to rather not raise a not-implemented exception. With the JDBC 3 driver
>> under Java 1.5, there were no problems, so I presume these methods were
>> implemented - it is now a real hassle since when running under Java 1.6, one
>> has to use the JDBC 4 driver.
>>

> This is getting old, would you accept the naive implementation and
> leave the bug open until someone implements the real logic? It's really
> a showstopper on Glassfish / JDK 1.6

I've implemented this in a similar fashion. The Javadoc spec indicates
that setting a clientinfo property that isn't supported is an error, so
I've done that. So now it won't throw an error on getClientInfo or
setClientInfo with a null or empty properties. Can you test this jar file
and see if it works for you?

http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/clientinfo/

Kris Jurka

Hi, thanks Michael and Kris for your replies. I have tested your jar and it's allright, the log file is clean and the application works as expected, this with Glassfish build b41d I currently use. I will test later with a more recent build, but I don't expect any different behavior.