Обсуждение: Idle in Transaction ..

Idle in Transaction ..

От
"Heiko W.Rupp"
Дата:
Hi,

we ran into an issue that looks like http://osdir.com/ml/
db.postgresql.jdbc/2004-04/msg00108.html
We also use a connection pool. The thread indicates that there could
be some changes in the
jdbc drivers to change the behaviour with autocommit disabled.
Has this been implemented? If so when? Does that need additional
properties to enable it?
Is that issue also dependent on the server version? I don't think so
from reading the thread.

Many thanks
   Heiko

Re: Idle in Transaction ..

От
"Heiko W.Rupp"
Дата:
Hi,

> we ran into an issue that looks like http://osdir.com/ml/
> db.postgresql.jdbc/2004-04/msg00108.html
> We also use a connection pool. The thread indicates that there
> could be some changes in the
> jdbc drivers to change the behaviour with autocommit disabled.

I see those implemented in dev302 - did this then automatically make
its way into
8.0-308 and so on (especially the 8.0-312 driver)?

The icons on the changelog page are unfortunately not clear to me.

Thanks
    Heiko

Re: Idle in Transaction ..

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Yes, according to the change log it was fixed in 302.

Why are you using 8.0 anyway ? It's verging on end of life ?

Dave

Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> we ran into an issue that looks like
>> http://osdir.com/ml/db.postgresql.jdbc/2004-04/msg00108.html
>> We also use a connection pool. The thread indicates that there could
>> be some changes in the
>> jdbc drivers to change the behaviour with autocommit disabled.
>>
> I see those implemented in dev302 - did this then automatically make
> its way into
> 8.0-308 and so on (especially the 8.0-312 driver)?
>
> The icons on the changelog page are unfortunately not clear to me.
>
> Thanks
>    Heiko

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Idle in Transaction ..

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 07:16 -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Why are you using 8.0 anyway ? It's verging on end of life ?

Only Windows version is going to be EOLed. I just wanted to avoid any
confusion :)

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Idle in Transaction ..

От
Kris Jurka

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

>> we ran into an issue that looks like
>> http://osdir.com/ml/db.postgresql.jdbc/2004-04/msg00108.html
>> We also use a connection pool. The thread indicates that there could be
>> some changes in the
>> jdbc drivers to change the behaviour with autocommit disabled.
>>
> I see those implemented in dev302 - did this then automatically make its way
> into
> 8.0-308 and so on (especially the 8.0-312 driver)?

Yes, it did.

> The icons on the changelog page are unfortunately not clear to me.

The icons simply describe the type of change: update/add/fix/...

Kris Jurka

Re: Idle in Transaction ..

От
"Heiko W.Rupp"
Дата:
Am 26.09.2007 um 13:16 schrieb Dave Cramer:

> Yes, according to the change log it was fixed in 302.
>
> Why are you using 8.0 anyway ? It's verging on end of life ?

Well, it is deployed on running systems at customers (running 8.2.4
on the backend side).

Unfortunately the customer reported errors and the situation very
much looks like
that old pre 302 situation. That is why I ask if 312 should have the
fix (and thus already
be implemented at the customer) or not.

  Thanks
     Heiko