Обсуждение: meta data domains ibatis abator etc

meta data domains ibatis abator etc

От
BillR
Дата:
Hi,
     Unfortunately it seems the Postgres JDBC driver doesn't return the base
type for domains... the data type shows up as 'OTHER'.  Now that Ibatis is
pretty big, there is an Apache/Ibatis code generating tool you can use to
generate most of the sql map files you need.  However it relies on being able to
find the correct jdbc data type.

Is there something I need to know in order to get the JDBC driver to return the
correct base types?  Does anyone have any experience with this with respect to
Abator?

Since domains are absolutely essential for effectively managing the data model,
I don't really want to get rid of them.  However, code generating tools are
essential for code development to reduce time wasted on monkey work.  If Abator
didn't exist, I would have written my own generator (which would rely on the
correct data type being returned).

As a side note, I don't know why, but I keep wanting to pronounce it as
Abattoir.  There has to be a better name.

Thanks,

BillR

Re: meta data domains ibatis abator etc

От
Kris Jurka

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, BillR wrote:

> Hi,
>    Unfortunately it seems the Postgres JDBC driver doesn't return the base
> type for domains... the data type shows up as 'OTHER'.  Now that Ibatis is
> pretty big, there is an Apache/Ibatis code generating tool you can use to
> generate most of the sql map files you need.  However it relies on being able
> to find the correct jdbc data type.
>
> Is there something I need to know in order to get the JDBC driver to return
> the correct base types?

How to write some code?  Unfortunately the JDBC driver knows nothing about
domains.  Pretty much everything you'd need to modify should be in
org.postgresql.jdbc2.TypeInfoCache.java to be able to make it see through
domains.

Kris Jurka