Обсуждение: setBlob/getBlob, slony and bytea

setBlob/getBlob, slony and bytea

От
Tore Halset
Дата:
Hello.

My application uses lots of setBlob and getBlob to handle the oid
blobs in the database. I do not use streaming of blobs as my largest
blob are only 5MB.

I want to try out Slony-I. It can replicate bytea fields, but not oid
blobs. As I do not use streaming I just switched over the fields from
oid to bytea.

After the switch to bytea setBlob and getBlob are not working
anymore. Can this be fixed in the driver or do I need to detect if
the blob in the database are oid or bytea before deciding if I should
use setBlob or setBytes?

  - Tore.

Re: setBlob/getBlob, slony and bytea

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Tore Halset wrote:

> After the switch to bytea setBlob and getBlob are not working anymore. Can
> this be fixed in the driver or do I need to detect if the blob in the
> database are oid or bytea before deciding if I should use setBlob or
> setBytes?

The driver could provide a wrapper that work for getBytes, but setBytes is
trickier because the driver doesn't know what data type the value will be
assigned to, it just fires away the data and hopes for the best.

This was previously discussed in this thread:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2005-01/thrd2.php#00029

Kris Jurka