Обсуждение: Test of 8.2beta1 fails

Test of 8.2beta1 fails

От
"Per Jensen"
Дата:
List,

First of all, I am not sure this list is the right one to write to.

I am trying out the postgresql 8.2.beta1 with the jdbc driver contained in 'postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar' downloaded from 'jdbc.postgresql.org'.

The database is accessed through iBatis version 1.3.1 --> jakarta DBCP 1.2.1

I have dumped a production database from  a debian sarge-PG7.4 instance and restored onto a test PG-8.1.3. This works nicely.

The same dump restored to a test PG-8.2.beta1 works not quite as well, some queries succeed and some fail.

The exception given on a failed query is:

Client logfile:
-------------------
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:258)
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1164)
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:190)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java
:354)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:258
)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedState
ment.java:92)

This is what happens at server side

Server logfile:
-------------------
LOG:  server process (PID 22651) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat your command.
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2006-10-10 11:16:01 CEST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/523346C8
LOG:  redo record is at 0/523346C8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/138643; next OID: 6619443
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  connection received: host=::ffff:127.0.0.1 port=33821
FATAL:  the database system is starting up
LOG:  redo starts at 0/52334710
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/523FC550
LOG:  redo done at 0/523FC528
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484172, limited by database "postgres"
LOG:  connection received: host=::ffff:127.0.0.1 port=33822
LOG:  connection authorized: user=XXXX database=XXXX

Another query gives this error on the client side:
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:258)
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1164)
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:190)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:354)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:258)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:92)
        ... 54 more

where the server once again restarts.

Any hint/idea of what is going is much appreciated.

Regards
Per Jensen

Re: Test of 8.2beta1 fails

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
Per Jensen wrote:
> List,
>
> First of all, I am not sure this list is the right one to write to.
>
> I am trying out the postgresql 8.2.beta1 with the jdbc driver contained
> in '
> postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar' downloaded from 'jdbc.postgresql.org'.
>
> The database is accessed through iBatis version 1.3.1 --> jakarta DBCP
> 1.2.1
>
> I have dumped a production database from  a debian sarge-PG7.4 instance and
> restored onto a test PG-8.1.3. This works nicely.
>
> The same dump restored to a test PG-8.2.beta1 works not quite as well, some
> queries succeed and some fail.

This looks like a backend crash. I've CC'd the pgsql-hackers list.

Could you capture the failing SQL query, please? If you could send it to
the list, it would help us to diagnose the problem. Also, could you try
to run it in psql and see if it crashes then as well?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Re: Test of 8.2beta1 fails

От
Oliver Jowett
Дата:
Per Jensen wrote:

> This is what happens at server side
>
> Server logfile:
> -------------------
> LOG:  server process (PID 22651) was terminated by signal 11
> LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
> the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
> abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
> repeat your command.

This is a server-side bug. Could you report it to the pgsql-bugs list?
There are guidelines for what you'll need to include at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/bug-reporting.html

-O

Re: Test of 8.2beta1 fails

От
"Per Jensen"
Дата:
Oliver,

Thank you.
I have just now sent a bug-report

/Per

2006/10/10, Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>:
Per Jensen wrote:

> This is what happens at server side
>
> Server logfile:
> -------------------
> LOG:  server process (PID 22651) was terminated by signal 11
> LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
> WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
> DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back
> the current transaction and exit, because another server process exited
> abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and
> repeat your command.

This is a server-side bug. Could you report it to the pgsql-bugs list?
There are guidelines for what you'll need to include at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/bug-reporting.html

-O

Dårlige volt er noget skidt !