Обсуждение: postgresql / openoffice

postgresql / openoffice

От
jbras@web.de
Дата:
Hi,

I managed to connect a PostgreSQL test database
to OpenOffice via Pg-JDBC. OO reports 'Driver
successfully loaded' and 'Connection successfully
established' and displays the tables, but I cannot
add or delete rows or edit field contents. Perhaps
it is just the matter of an additional connection
parameter that invokes the appropriate class inside
the driver? Something like 'modify=true' or 'rw=true'?
Funny, adding or deleting columns DOES work and
everything else seems to be alright too.

Many thanks in advance for reply and help.
Kind regards, J. Brastrup

P.S. Versions are:
postgresql-8.1_8.1.4-2
openoffice.org_2.0.3-7
postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar
sun-java5-jre_1.5.0-08-1
unixodbc_2.2.11-13
running on Debian Linux
with kernel 2.6.11

Re: postgresql / openoffice

От
Dave Cramer
Дата:
Just a shot in the dark here, you may need a primary key on the table.

Dave
On 9-Sep-06, at 7:04 AM, jbras@web.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I managed to connect a PostgreSQL test database
> to OpenOffice via Pg-JDBC. OO reports 'Driver
> successfully loaded' and 'Connection successfully
> established' and displays the tables, but I cannot
> add or delete rows or edit field contents. Perhaps
> it is just the matter of an additional connection
> parameter that invokes the appropriate class inside
> the driver? Something like 'modify=true' or 'rw=true'?
> Funny, adding or deleting columns DOES work and
> everything else seems to be alright too.
>
> Many thanks in advance for reply and help.
> Kind regards, J. Brastrup
>
> P.S. Versions are:
> postgresql-8.1_8.1.4-2
> openoffice.org_2.0.3-7
> postgresql-8.1-407.jdbc3.jar
> sun-java5-jre_1.5.0-08-1
> unixodbc_2.2.11-13
> running on Debian Linux
> with kernel 2.6.11
>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: postgresql / openoffice

От
jbras@web.de
Дата:
Dave Cramer schrieb:

> Just a shot in the dark here, you may need a primary key on the table.
>
> Dave
> On 9-Sep-06, at 7:04 AM, jbras@web.de wrote:
>
>> ... OO ... displays the tables, but I cannot
>> add or delete rows or edit field contents....

that did the trick!  Thanks  a lot,  Dave!
Your shot in the dark hit the black mark.

There are still a few issues to resolve,
but at least it is up and running now.

Kind regards, Juergen.