Обсуждение: Question about ResultSetMetaData

Question about ResultSetMetaData

От
"Robert Landsmeer"

Hello all,

In the application i am developing we query the ResultSetMetaData for all columns in a particular table to discover the type and null-ability of the column.

On the todolist I found the following under the idea’s section:

ResultSetMetaData calls that run queries are cached on a per column basis, but it seems likely that they're going to be called for all columns, so try to issue one query per ResultSet, not per column.

Does anyone know if this will make it into a release someday? As it would really help us performance wise.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Re: Question about ResultSetMetaData

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Robert Landsmeer wrote:

> In the application i am developing we query the ResultSetMetaData for
> all columns in a particular table to discover the type and null-ability
> of the column.

If this is all from one table, perhaps you would be better off using a
DatabaseMetaData.getColumns instead?  That should only issue one query.

> On the todolist I found the following under the idea's section:
>
> ResultSetMetaData calls that run queries are cached on a per column
> basis, but it seems likely that they're going to be called for all
> columns, so try to issue one query per ResultSet, not per column.
>
> Does anyone know if this will make it into a release someday? As it
> would really help us performance wise.

At this point it is just an idea.  No one that I know of is working on it.

Kris Jurka