Обсуждение: Shopping Cart

Shopping Cart

От
Charles Curi
Дата:
Hi people.
I need to implement a shopping cart in my Java web system.
A friend of mine adviced me using stored procedures and temporary tables with PostgreSQL.
I wonder if anybody have an example in mood to help me.
I`d be grateful.
Cheers.
Charles

Re: Shopping Cart

От
Guido Neitzer
Дата:
On 31.01.2006, at 16:36 Uhr, Charles Curi wrote:

> I need to implement a shopping cart in my Java web system.
> A friend of mine adviced me using stored procedures and temporary
> tables with PostgreSQL.
> I wonder if anybody have an example in mood to help me.

If you have a Java based web application I wonder whether you have
something session based and could easily implement a simple Java
class "ShoppingCart" that is used by the session (or the session's
user).

I wouldn't build something database dependant if I have other options
to do it much easier in Java code.

cug

--
PharmaLine Essen, GERMANY and
Big Nerd Ranch Europe - PostgreSQL Training, Feb. 2006, Rome, Italy

Вложения

Re: Shopping Cart

От
Markus Schaber
Дата:
Hi, Charles,

Charles Curi schrieb:

> I need to implement a shopping cart in my Java web system.
> A friend of mine adviced me using stored procedures and temporary tables
> with PostgreSQL.
> I wonder if anybody have an example in mood to help me.
> I`d be grateful.

It might be more convenient to use entity beans or a database
abstraction layer like hibernate.

HTH,
Markus

Re: Shopping Cart

От
Achilleus Mantzios
Дата:
O Charles Curi έγραψε στις Jan 31, 2006 :

> Hi people.
> I need to implement a shopping cart in my Java web system.
> A friend of mine adviced me using stored procedures and temporary tables
> with PostgreSQL.
> I wonder if anybody have an example in mood to help me.
> I`d be grateful.

Session wide stored Attribues would definately do the job,
and fits with the idea of temporary inmemory storage.

When i implemented a web based email client on top of
jboss/jetty/pgsql i used the above techinque for implementing
attachments.

However the persistence of the transaction's details might be subject
to further thought.

--
-Achilleus

Re: Shopping Cart

От
Tea Yu
Дата:
You can compromise on Session for anonymous Shoppers and DB-backed
persistence for logged-in shoppers.  An exception is when you have a web
server cluster and you find that they are busy replicating sessions all
the time, then you might also opt for DB-backed shopping carts in the
former.

Tea

> O Charles Curi έγραψε στις Jan 31, 2006 :
>

>> Hi people.
>> I need to implement a shopping cart in my Java web system.
>> A friend of mine adviced me using stored procedures and temporary tables
>> with PostgreSQL.
>> I wonder if anybody have an example in mood to help me.
>> I`d be grateful.
>>

> Session wide stored Attribues would definately do the job,
> and fits with the idea of temporary inmemory storage.
>
> When i implemented a web based email client on top of
> jboss/jetty/pgsql i used the above techinque for implementing
> attachments.
>
> However the persistence of the transaction's details might be subject
> to further thought.
>

>> Cheers.
>> Charles

Re: Shopping Cart

От
Takeichi Kanzaki Cabrera
Дата:
In Learning Java 3rd Edition you will find this implemented using Sessions.
Takeichi.