Обсуждение: Issue with large objects

Issue with large objects

От
"Chris White (cjwhite)"
Дата:
I am putting a large object into my database using jdbc interface and using LargeObjectManager to do largeobject open, write and close. After several largeobject writes I get the following message

'failed to re-find parent-key in "pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index"'

What does this mean and how do I resolve the issue? Do I need to re-index the largeobject table?

Chris White

Re: Issue with large objects

Дата:
"Chris White (cjwhite)" <cjwhite@cisco.com> writes:
> I am putting a large object into my database using jdbc interface and using
> LargeObjectManager to do largeobject open, write and close. After several
> largeobject writes I get the following message

> 'failed to re-find parent-key in "pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index"'

What PG version is this?  Can you put together a self-contained test
case (ie, one that causes the error starting from an empty database)?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Issue with large objects

От
"Chris White (cjwhite)"
Дата:
This is 7.4.5. I'm not sure I can get it to happen on an empty database, the
database this is happening on has about 300 large objects, but I will try.
Also, I found by re-indexing the pg_largeobject table the problem seems to
have gone away.

Chris White

> I am putting a large object into my database using jdbc interface and
> using LargeObjectManager to do largeobject open, write and close.
> After several largeobject writes I get the following message

> 'failed to re-find parent-key in "pg_largeobject_loid_pn_index"'

What PG version is this?  Can you put together a self-contained test case
(ie, one that causes the error starting from an empty database)?

            regards, tom lane

Re: [ADMIN] Issue with large objects

Дата:
"Chris White (cjwhite)" <cjwhite@cisco.com> writes:
> Also, I found by re-indexing the pg_largeobject table the problem seems to
> have gone away.

Um.  That's probably destroyed the evidence :-( ie gotten rid of
whatever weird state you'd gotten the index into.  But if you have
any luck reproducing it, I definitely want to know.

            regards, tom lane