Обсуждение: OT? Database bridge for postgresql

OT? Database bridge for postgresql

От
"David Gagnon"
Дата:
Hi all,

  I'm working on a online catalog right now.  I'm using postgresql/java for
the web site and the ERP in the company is a VB/MSSQL application.  Is there
a framework out there that allow database sychronization. I'm looking for an
opensource/java framework.

Is that exists?

Thanks for your help!

/David

MSN� Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.

first two months FREE*.

Re: OT? Database bridge for postgresql

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 10:29:36AM -0400, David Gagnon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I'm working on a online catalog right now.  I'm using postgresql/java for
> the web site and the ERP in the company is a VB/MSSQL application.  Is
> there a framework out there that allow database sychronization. I'm looking
> for an opensource/java framework.

It's not built for it, but I've sometimes thought you might be able
to modify erserver for these purposes.  There's _plenty_ wrong with
the released erserver, and Real Soon Now I intend to tar up the CVS
HEAD and release it as the final iteration, on the grounds that
everything it currently does is done better by Slony-I.  But I think
for any sort of synchronisation using Java, it might at least get you
started.  Please be warned that, while Andrew Rawnsley did a lot of
work to clean up the code, it's still a dog's breakfast.  There are
totally pointless, over-engineered abstractions all over the place.
This is not the fault of erserver _per se_, but of the programmer who
implemented it in Java.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
        --Philip Greenspun