Обсуждение: "Best" Pre-compiled driver for PostgreSQL 7.2.2 ?

"Best" Pre-compiled driver for PostgreSQL 7.2.2 ?

От
John Gibson
Дата:
Hi, all.

 From the download page (jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html), I am trying
to determine which driver to use for my 7.2.2 engine.  It looks like
there may be two options.  I have a 1.3 JDK.

pg73jdbc2.jar

pg72jdbc2.jar

The 73 version says it "supports 7.1 and 7.2".

I originally compiled the JDBC driver from the 7.2.2 source.  It worked
okay, but we are now trying to track down some bugs. We are getting null
pointer errors and possible deadlocking situations.  It is possible that
the JDBC driver is playing a role, so we want to try a pre-compiled version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

...john

Re: "Best" Pre-compiled driver for PostgreSQL 7.2.2 ?

От
Kris Jurka

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, John Gibson wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
>  From the download page (jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html), I am trying
> to determine which driver to use for my 7.2.2 engine.  It looks like
> there may be two options.  I have a 1.3 JDK.

Ususually the latest stable driver is the best option.  Unless you have a
very old server then you might have some problems, but for 7.1 or greater
I would suggest using the 7.4 series driver as it has many bug fixes in
it.

Kris Jurka

Re: "Best" Pre-compiled driver for PostgreSQL 7.2.2 ?

От
John Gibson

>>Hi, all.
>>
>> From the download page (jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html), I am trying
>>to determine which driver to use for my 7.2.2 engine.  It looks like
>>there may be two options.  I have a 1.3 JDK.
>>

>Ususually the latest stable driver is the best option.  Unless you have a
>very old server then you might have some problems, but for 7.1 or greater
>I would suggest using the 7.4 series driver as it has many bug fixes in
>it.
>

>Kris Jurka

Thank you.

So the place to start then would be using the JDBC2 driver pre-compiled
for postgreSQL 7.4.1?

That would be the pg74.1jdbc2.jar file on the download page?

....john