Обсуждение: Sql Types Supported

Sql Types Supported

От
"Satyajit"
Дата:
HI!
We are using PostGre sql driver. Can any body please tell what are all the SQL Types(BIT, TINYINT, SMALLINT, INTEGER, BIGINT, FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE, NUMERIC, DECIMAL, CHAR, VARCHAR, LONGVARCHAR, DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP, BINARY, VARBINARY, LONGVARBINARY, NULL, OTHER, JAVA_OBJECT, DISTINCT, STRUCT, ARRAY, BLOB, CLOB, REF, DATALINK, BOOLEAN) are currently supported.
Waiting for response.
Thanks,
Satyajit

Re: Sql Types Supported

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Satyajit wrote:

> HI!
> We are using PostGre sql driver. Can any body please tell what are all
> the SQL Types(BIT, TINYINT, SMALLINT, INTEGER, BIGINT, FLOAT, REAL,
> DOUBLE, NUMERIC, DECIMAL, CHAR, VARCHAR, LONGVARCHAR, DATE, TIME,
> TIMESTAMP, BINARY, VARBINARY, LONGVARBINARY, NULL, OTHER, JAVA_OBJECT,
> DISTINCT, STRUCT, ARRAY, BLOB, CLOB, REF, DATALINK, BOOLEAN) are
> currently supported.

SQL 92 defines the following types:

CHARACTER, CHARACTER VARYING, BIT, BIT VARYING, NUMERIC, DECIMAL, INTEGER,
SMALLINT, FLOAT, REAL, DOUBLE PRECISION, DATE, TIME, TIMESTAMP, and
INTERVAL

As far as I know, postgresql supports all those types.  If you've gotten
used to using things like TINYINT, I'd recommend avoiding them unless you
REALLY need them, as they are fairly non-standard.

Re: Sql Types Supported

От
Satyajit Das
Dear Scot:
Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct.

I had gone through some PostGresql doc.
http://www.commandprompt.com/ppbook/index.lxp?lxpwrap=x2632%2ehtm

All the sql data types are not defined there.

So will all the getter and setter methods for Types  (which are not defined
in postgresql) will work properly.

I have tested getTime does not work properly.
Thanks
Satyajit