Обсуждение: Client_encoding

Client_encoding

От
"Cesar Amadeo"

I have problem and I hope you help me.

I was reading about "Unrecognized variable client_encoding " in PostgreSQL,
because I have in my log:

set datestyle to 'ISO'; select version(), case when pg_encoding_to_char(1) =
'SQL_ASCII' then 'UNKNOWN' else getdatabaseencoding() end;
query: set client_encoding = 'UNICODE'; show autocommit

What do I need to correct this problem ?

Please, help me.

tks.

Re: Client_encoding

Дата:
"Cesar Amadeo" <cesaramadeo@uol.com.br> writes:
> I was reading about "Unrecognized variable client_encoding " in PostgreSQL,
> because I have in my log:

> set datestyle to 'ISO'; select version(), case when pg_encoding_to_char(1) =
> 'SQL_ASCII' then 'UNKNOWN' else getdatabaseencoding() end;
> query: set client_encoding = 'UNICODE'; show autocommit

> What do I need to correct this problem ?

Update your server.  Evidently you're running a 7.0.* or older server,
and whatever client you're trying to use with it isn't expecting
anything so ancient.

            regards, tom lane