Обсуждение: jsp postgresql problems

jsp postgresql problems

От
"Ryan Skoblenick"
This is my code:

<%@ page import ="java.sql.*" %>

<%

Driver drv = (Driver)Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance(); Connection conn = java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/db_name", "username", "password");

%>

now the stack error i am running into is:

Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port is correct, and that the postmaster is running with the -i flag, which enables TCP/IP networking.

i know its not the server or the way it is setup cause i can connect to the DB in ASP? so what is wrong with the JSP? i do have the drivers installed for postgresql cause the first error before this i was getting was that it couldn't find the drivers (silly me forgot to reset the server).

anyone help ?

Thanks

Re: jsp postgresql problems

От
"Nick Fankhauser"
Дата:
A couple of thoughts/questions-

You don't need to instantiate the driver if you load it in your code, so you
can use this instead of the code you posted:

<%
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver"); Connection conn =
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/db_na
me", "username", "password");
%>

Does ASP actually use TCP/IP to communicate with the DB? (I'm not very
familiar with it.)

Have you tried just a plain vanilla connection to the database that doesn't
involve a JSP? Doing that would help isolate the cause to something that is
servlet/JSP-related or something that is JDBC-related.

-NickF

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/

Driver drv = (Driver)Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance();
Connection conn =
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/db_na
me", "username", "password");
%> now the stack error i am running into is:
Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port is correct, and that
the postmaster is running with the -i flag, which enables TCP/IP networking.
i know its not the server or the way it is setup cause i can connect to the
DB in ASP? so what is wrong with the JSP? i do have the drivers installed
for postgresql cause the first error before this i was getting was that it
couldn't find the drivers (silly me forgot to reset the server).
anyone help ?
Thanks

Re: jsp postgresql problems

От
"Joe Shevland"
Дата:
JSP (any Java) will use TCP/IP via the driver... you may need to tweak
your pg_hba.conf file to allow TCP/IP connections from localhost, or add
the -i flag when starting postmaster up as this enables the server socket.

Cheers,
Joe

PS You can omit the port number 5432 from the connection string as this is
the default, even 'jdbc:postgresql:db_name' will work for local
connections (and as Nick mentioned you don't need the newInstance()
method, drivers you do need it for are breaking the spec).

Driver drv = (Driver)Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver").newInstance();
Connection conn =
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/db_
name", "username", "password");
%>
now the stack error i am running into is:
Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port is correct, and that
the postmaster is running with the -i flag, which enables TCP/IP
networking.
i know its not the server or the way it is setup cause i can connect to
the DB in ASP? so what is wrong with the JSP? i do have the drivers
installed for postgresql cause the first error before this i was getting
was that it couldn't find the drivers (silly me forgot to reset the
server).
anyone help ?
Thanks

Вложения

weird problems solved ??

От
# sriram #
Дата:
hi group !!

firstly i shud say that this small piece of code killed me...and finally
figured out what was happening..

thanz Dave and Nick for ur support...the problem was with the driver...

i downloaded more than 4 drivers and checked them and finally found that
pgjdbc1.jar is right fellow....

i will have a peaceful nightz sleep today

Re: weird problems solved ??

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Sriram,

That's great, so how do we go about fixing the driver? Where did you get
pgjdbc1.jar, the 1 in the name implies that it is a jdk1.1 driver? Are
you using jdk1.1, or jdk1.2?

Dave

http://archives.postgresql.org