Обсуждение: is anyone use executeQuery with autogeneratedkeys function ?

is anyone use executeQuery with autogeneratedkeys function ?

От
"ludovic smadja"
Дата:
Hi,

I'm trying to use a new function jdk 1.4.0 named executeQuery(sql,autogeneratedkeysFlag) with postgresql 7.2.

Is this function implemented and ready to use with a new jdk1.4.0 compiled jdbc driver ?

thanks for the answer.

Ludovic SMADJA
Webcell
ICQ#:70047519
tel. 01 40 47 56 31
fax. 01 40 47 56 34
port. 06 72 28 78 71

Re: is anyone use executeQuery with autogeneratedkeys function ?

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Ludovic,

Unfortunately no, none of the jdbc3.0 functions have been implemented.

Dave
I'm trying to use a new function jdk 1.4.0 named executeQuery(sql,autogeneratedkeysFlag) with postgresql 7.2.

Is this function implemented and ready to use with a new jdk1.4.0 compiled jdbc driver ?

thanks for the answer.

Ludovic SMADJA
Webcell
ICQ#:70047519
tel. 01 40 47 56 31
fax. 01 40 47 56 34
port. 06 72 28 78 71

RE : is anyone use executeQuery with autogeneratedkeys function ?

От
"ludovic smadja"
Дата:
Thanks for the answer,

Is there a road map for this implementation.

Ludovic
Unfortunately no, none of the jdbc3.0 functions have been implemented.

Dave
I'm trying to use a new function jdk 1.4.0 named executeQuery(sql,autogeneratedkeysFlag) with postgresql 7.2.

Is this function implemented and ready to use with a new jdk1.4.0 compiled jdbc driver ?

thanks for the answer.

Ludovic SMADJA
Webcell
ICQ#:70047519
tel. 01 40 47 56 31
fax. 01 40 47 56 34
port. 06 72 28 78 71

Re: RE : is anyone use executeQuery with autogeneratedkeys function ?

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Ludovic,

No, not really, postgres is developed by volunteers, as such we don't really have timelines. We could however use more volunteers <hint, hint>

Dave
Is there a road map for this implementation.

Ludovic
Unfortunately no, none of the jdbc3.0 functions have been implemented.

Dave
I'm trying to use a new function jdk 1.4.0 named executeQuery(sql,autogeneratedkeysFlag) with postgresql 7.2.

Is this function implemented and ready to use with a new jdk1.4.0 compiled jdbc driver ?

thanks for the answer.

Ludovic SMADJA
Webcell
ICQ#:70047519
tel. 01 40 47 56 31
fax. 01 40 47 56 34
port. 06 72 28 78 71

Status of jdbc repository - broken driver

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
I just checked in a number of patches to try to get the source tree up
to date. Unfortunately it appears that one of them broke the driver. I
will be looking at this immediately, but I wanted to warn everybody
before getting the latest source from cvs.

Dave

Re: is anyone use executeQuery with autogeneratedkeys function ?

От
Barry Lind
Дата:
Ludovic,

No it does not support the new methods in JDBC3.  You can use the
current driver under jdk1.4 as long as you stick to the JDBC2 level methods.

thanks,
--Barry

ludovic smadja wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to use a new function jdk 1.4.0 named
> executeQuery(sql,autogeneratedkeysFlag) with postgresql 7.2.
>

> Is this function implemented and ready to use with a new jdk1.4.0
> compiled jdbc driver ?
>

> thanks for the answer.
>

> Ludovic SMADJA
> Webcell
> *ICQ#:70047519*
> tel. 01 40 47 56 31
> fax. 01 40 47 56 34
> port. 06 72 28 78 71

Re: Status of jdbc repository - broken driver - now working

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
The source of the problem was rectified, and the driver now runs. A
number of patches have been applied and at this point the driver s/b
considered in a beta state.

If anyone has time I would appreciate it if additional unit test cases
can be written. See the test directory for details on how to write them

The following test cases would be useful

1) test the cancel query function
2) test the SQL Warnings
3) test get column on numeric with various numeric columns.
4) test for an empty array

Any others people feel are usefull

Thanks,

Dave