Обсуждение: Question regarding whether the Postgres JDBC driver supports password encryption . . .

Question regarding whether the Postgres JDBC driver supports password encryption . . .

От
"Peter E. Chen"
Дата:
Hey All,

Does anyone know whether or not the Postgres JDBC driver supports password
encryption?  I have set the AUTHTYPE to "encrypt" and I have been able to
successfully connect to the database with the JDBC driver.  Does this mean
that the password via Postgres JDBC is encrypted?  And if so, what type of
encryption is this?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Re: Question regarding whether the Postgres JDBC driver supports

Дата:
Peter E. Chen wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> Does anyone know whether or not the Postgres JDBC driver supports password
> encryption?  I have set the AUTHTYPE to "encrypt" and I have been able to
> successfully connect to the database with the JDBC driver.  Does this mean
> that the password via Postgres JDBC is encrypted?  And if so, what type of
> encryption is this?

There is no 'encrypt' auth, just 'crypt' which uses Unix crypt()
encryption.  7.2 will also support MD5 encryption, and encryption of
passwords stored in the server.