Обсуждение: java.lang.AbstractMethodError

java.lang.AbstractMethodError

От
Craig Lawton
Дата:
Hello All,

I've been working with PostgreSQL 7.1.3 and the JDBC driver under Mac OS
X.  I'm able to connect to a database, create a statement and execute a
query that returns a ResultSet.  However, I've had quite a bit of
trouble working with most of the ResultSet methods.  Specifically, only
a handful of the ResultSet methods function properly.  For example,
ResultSet.next() correctly positions the cursor at the next record, and
I can retrieve values using ResultSet.getXXX(), however, almost all
other ResultSet methods (such as first(), previous(), getRow(),
rowRefresh(), etc..) return the error java.lang.AbstractMethodError.
I'm at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig Lawton

Re: java.lang.AbstractMethodError

От
Rene Pijlman
Дата:
On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 00:11:06 -0700, you wrote:
>almost all
>other ResultSet methods (such as first(), previous(), getRow(),
>rowRefresh(), etc..) return the error java.lang.AbstractMethodError.

It looks like you're calling JDBC 2 methods using the JDBC 1
driver.

I cannot reach http://jdbc.postgresql.org at the moment, but the
most recent stable JDBC 2 driver should be in the download
section.

Regards,
René Pijlman <rene@lab.applinet.nl>