Обсуждение: jdbc example: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

jdbc example: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

От
Neil Zanella
Дата:
Hello,

I have been trying to access the postgresql mailing list archives online
but the archives.postgresql.org server as well as a bunch of other
postgresql servers appear to be down and the lists are not (yet)
archived at <http://www.mail-archive.com/lists.html>.

The problem I am experiencing is I have Red Hat 7.1 installed with the
postgresql 7.0 stuff including postgresql-jdbc. I have set my CLASSPATH
to point to /usr/lib/pgsql/jdbc7.0-1.2.jar and have also installed JDK
1.3.1 and updated the PATH variable accordingly. However I am getting
the following error when trying to access a simple postgresql databse.
Any ideas of what might have gone wrong?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: TestPostgreSQL

Thanks,

Neil

sample code generating the error:

import java.sql.*;

class TestPostgreSQL {
  public static void main(String arg[]) throws SQLException,
ClassNotFoundException {

    String db_driver = "org.postgresql.Driver";
    String db_site = "jdbc:postgresql:joedb";
    String db_user = "joe";
    String db_pass = "doe";

    Class.forName(db_driver);
    Connection connection = DriverManager.getConnection(db_site, db_user,
db_pass);
    Statement statement = connection.createStatement();
    ResultSet resultset = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM
joetable");
    System.out.println(resultset.getString("joe_column"));

  }
}

Re: jdbc example: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

От
"Dave Cramer"
Дата:
Neil,

Your code looks fine, how are you trying to run this? Is it in a
package?

Dave

[...]

"Nick Fankhauser"
Дата:
Neil- I should have looked more closely at your message- It appears that the
message is telling you that it can't find your test class. This could be as
simple as the current directory (.) not being in the class path. What does
the path look like?

- Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/

Re: jdbc example: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

От
"Nick Fankhauser"
Дата:
Neil-

The code looks pretty good to me. Try looking here for a couple of ideas
about what can cause this error:

http://www.fankhausers.com/postgresql/jdbc/#classnotfound

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/

"Jayesh K. Parayali"
Дата:
you need to have resultset.next() before using getString()

    ResultSet resultset = statement.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM
joetable");
    while (resultset.next()) {