Обсуждение: Regarding vacuumdb

Regarding vacuumdb

От
Bhuvaneswari
Дата:
hi,
I am getting the following error while doing vacuumdb,

ERROR: mdopen: couldn't open test1: No such file or directory
vacuumdb: database vacuum failed on db1.

Here 'db1' is the database and 'test1' is a table. When, displaying the
structure of the
table 'test1', it comes correctly. But I can't drop the table. What
could be wrong?
Any help.
Thanks
shan.

Re: [GENERAL] Regarding vacuumdb

Дата:
Bhuvaneswari <shan@ceedees.com> writes:
> ERROR: mdopen: couldn't open test1: No such file or directory

Looks like you tried to roll back a DROP TABLE.  You can get out of the
immediate problem by doing
    touch $PGDATA/base/db1/test1
and then drop the table.

Next, run do not walk to an archive site and get a newer release of
Postgres.  You are at least two major releases behind the times, and
I can't even begin to count the number of bugs fixed since then ...
but this is one of them.

            regards, tom lane