Обсуждение: JDBC installation

JDBC installation

От
"dejudi"
Дата:
Basically i didnt understand how to install the jdbc.Well I've dwloaded from the postgres.org site an rpm called "postgresql-jdbc-7.0.3-2mdk.i586" since i've got a mandrake distribution.Then I've installed the rpm as usual and I've found 4 jar file since I've got a jdk1.3 I suppose that the rite file is jdbc7.0-1.2.jar .Now according to the postgres official docs Im supposed to include the postgresql.jar file in my classpath!I've no clue how to do it.So please can anyone tell me something more.
Have I to rename that file to postgresql.jar file and then to include it in the classpath?Please help me!

Re: JDBC installation

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
At 10:23 28/04/01 +0200, dejudi wrote:
>Basically i didnt understand how to install the jdbc.Well I've dwloaded
>from the postgres.org site an rpm called "postgresql-jdbc-7.0.3-2mdk.i586"
>since i've got a mandrake distribution.Then I've installed the rpm as
>usual and I've found 4 jar file since I've got a jdk1.3 I suppose that the
>rite file is jdbc7.0-1.2.jar .Now according to the postgres official docs
>Im supposed to include the postgresql.jar file in my classpath!I've no
>clue how to do it.So please can anyone tell me something more.
>Have I to rename that file to postgresql.jar file and then to include it
>in the classpath?Please help me!

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/docs/#install

Peter