Обсуждение: Java class documentation

Java class documentation

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
I've started to finish up the not-marked-up-yet parts of the JDBC
documentation, but most of this seems to have once been generated by
javadoc, and I feel like it is probably a wasted effort to try to manually
convert this to DocBook.

AFAIK, there is currently no Javadoc to DocBook converter available.  This
might be a worthwhile project, though.

Could we for now remove the formal class documentation from the DocBook
source, while keeping the narrative parts, and instead point people to the
JavaDoc?  Could we make prebuild class documentation in HTML available to
users, maybe where the jars are downloaded?

Re: [DOCS] Java class documentation

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
At 22:07 22/02/01 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>I've started to finish up the not-marked-up-yet parts of the JDBC
>documentation, but most of this seems to have once been generated by
>javadoc, and I feel like it is probably a wasted effort to try to manually
>convert this to DocBook.

Actually I was waiting until 7.1 was out before rewriting the jdbc docs
from scratch (so much has changed since those were written).

>AFAIK, there is currently no Javadoc to DocBook converter available.  This
>might be a worthwhile project, though.
>
>Could we for now remove the formal class documentation from the DocBook
>source, while keeping the narrative parts, and instead point people to the
>JavaDoc?  Could we make prebuild class documentation in HTML available to
>users, maybe where the jars are downloaded?

Already a work in progress. You might be duplicating work already being
done for the jdbc site.

Peter

>--
>Peter Eisentraut      peter_e@gmx.net       http://yi.org/peter-e/

Re: [DOCS] Java class documentation

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Peter Mount writes:

> Actually I was waiting until 7.1 was out before rewriting the jdbc docs
> >from scratch (so much has changed since those were written).

I can see that.  However, 7.1 users should still get the benefit of
reasonably up to date documentation.  I've at least changed all package
references to 'org.postgresql' and said something about ant, plus some
spell checking and polishing.  Perhaps you can scan it to make sure it's
not complete garbage.

http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/jdbc.html

Re: [DOCS] Java class documentation

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
At 00:28 25/02/01 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Peter Mount writes:
>
> > Actually I was waiting until 7.1 was out before rewriting the jdbc docs
> > >from scratch (so much has changed since those were written).
>
>I can see that.  However, 7.1 users should still get the benefit of
>reasonably up to date documentation.  I've at least changed all package
>references to 'org.postgresql' and said something about ant, plus some
>spell checking and polishing.  Perhaps you can scan it to make sure it's
>not complete garbage.
>
>http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/jdbc.html

Ok, I will do.

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a hectic week and its the first time
I've had to even use my home machine since Sunday :-(

Peter