Обсуждение: Console output with libpq

Console output with libpq

От
alpha_one_x86
Дата:
Hello, for each function call I have console ouput like: : Success
I wish drop it, I have already try with PQsetNoticeProcessor and PQsetNoticeReceiver.
https://github.com/alphaonex86/CatchChallenger/blob/134208501e8e6710f73b7f0d42e807c319bae923/tools/epoll-server/epoll-psql/main.cpp
If somebody can help me?

Cheers,

--
alpha_one_x86 <alpha_one_x86@first-world.info>
Main developer of Ultracopier, Esourcing and server management

Re: Console output with libpq

Дата:
alpha_one_x86 <alpha_one_x86@first-world.info> writes:
> Hello, for each function call I have console ouput like:
>   : Success
> I wish drop it, I have already try with PQsetNoticeProcessor and PQsetNoticeReceiver.
https://github.com/alphaonex86/CatchChallenger/blob/134208501e8e6710f73b7f0d42e807c319bae923/tools/epoll-server/epoll-psql/main.cpp

You're barking up the wrong tree --- the backend sends no such messages.
Are you using libpq directly, or through some wrapper library?  If the
latter, maybe it's printing this.  Or perhaps it's from some debugging
code you forgot to remove in your application.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Console output with libpq

От
alpha_one_x86
Дата:
Hello,

> You're barking up the wrong tree
I don't understand. Wrong mailling list?
> Are you using libpq directly, or through some wrapper library?
I use the libpq directly as you can see.
> Or perhaps it's from some debugging code you forgot to remove in your application.
You are in right, I'm so stupid... perror() + \n...
Thanks for your help.

--
alpha_one_x86 <alpha_one_x86@first-world.info>
Main developer of Ultracopier, Esourcing and server management
IT, OS, technologies, security and business department

Re: Console output with libpq

От
David G Johnston
Дата:
alpha_one_x86 wrote
> Hello,
>
>> You're barking up the wrong tree
> I don't understand. Wrong mailling list?

Yes, English phrases can be so fun.

This particular one means that the approach or area of your search is not
one that is causing the problem or likely to yield a solution.
Specifically, those PQset... functions are not the source of your problem
nor usable for solving it.  More broadly it isn't even a libpq problem at
all.

Imagine two trees with a cat in one of them.  Now imagine a dog barking at
the tree the cat isn't in.  That dog is barking up the wrong tree if it is
attempting to bark at the cat.

David J.