Обсуждение: .Net support for Visual Studio

.Net support for Visual Studio

От
Edward Diener
Дата:
I manually put versions the MS 1.1 and MS 2.0 of the npgsql.dll in the
GAC. When I bring up Visual Studio 2003 ( .net 1.1 ) or Visual Studio
2005 ( .net 2.0 ) and attempt to add the assembly to my Toolbox, it does
not show up in the list of assemblies for that version in the GAC. Does
anybody know why ?

Re: .Net support for Visual Studio

От
"Francisco Figueiredo Jr."
Дата:

Edward Diener wrote:
> I manually put versions the MS 1.1 and MS 2.0 of the npgsql.dll in the
> GAC. When I bring up Visual Studio 2003 ( .net 1.1 ) or Visual Studio
> 2005 ( .net 2.0 ) and attempt to add the assembly to my Toolbox, it does
> not show up in the list of assemblies for that version in the GAC. Does
> anybody know why ?

Hi Edward!

Currently, Npgsql only supports vs.net 2003 design time support. We
already have plan for vs2005 support after we release Npgsql 1.0 final.

You will have to add an entry on your registry to make it work. Have a
look at Npgsql user manual for details:

http://npgsql.projects.postgresql.org/docs/manual/UserManual.htm

on section 3.2: Design time support

I hope it helps.

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
http://fxjr.blogspot.com
Npgsql Lead Developer
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/npgsql
Mono Project Contributor
http://www.go-mono.com
MonoBrasil Project Founder Member
http://monobrasil.softwarelivre.org

- --- Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?- That depends a good deal on where you want to get
to.       -- Lewis Carroll "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"

http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/

Re: .Net support for Visual Studio

От
Edward Diener
Дата:
Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:

> Edward Diener wrote:
>> I manually put versions the MS 1.1 and MS 2.0 of the npgsql.dll in the
>> GAC. When I bring up Visual Studio 2003 ( .net 1.1 ) or Visual Studio
>> 2005 ( .net 2.0 ) and attempt to add the assembly to my Toolbox, it does
>> not show up in the list of assemblies for that version in the GAC. Does
>> anybody know why ?

>> TIP 3: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
>>
>>               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
>>

> Hi Edward!
>
> Currently, Npgsql only supports vs.net 2003 design time support. We
> already have plan for vs2005 support after we release Npgsql 1.0 final.

Actually Npgsql1.0RC3-bin-ms2.0.zip appears to support .net 2.0.

> You will have to add an entry on your registry to make it work. Have a
> look at Npgsql user manual for details:
>
> http://npgsql.projects.postgresql.org/docs/manual/UserManual.htm
>
> on section 3.2: Design time support

Found it, thanks. For .net 2.0 this is registry key is in a bit
different place but I was able to figure it out from posts in the
Microsoft online forums about design time support for installs in the
GAC. Now I can add the Postgresql data provider components to my Toolbox
and access them.

Thanks for your help.

Re: .Net support for Visual Studio

От
"Francisco Figueiredo Jr."
Дата:

http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/

Re: .Net support for Visual Studio

От
Edward Diener
Дата:
Francisco Figueiredo Jr. wrote:

> Edward Diener wrote:
>> Actually Npgsql1.0RC3-bin-ms2.0.zip appears to support .net 2.0.
>>

> Yes, indeed it is only compiled with ms.net 2.0 runtime. What I mean by
> 2.0 support is support for new 2.0 features like dbprovider factory,
> async command methods, etc.
>
>>> You will have to add an entry on your registry to make it work. Have a
>>> look at Npgsql user manual for details:
>>>
>>> http://npgsql.projects.postgresql.org/docs/manual/UserManual.htm
>>>
>>> on section 3.2: Design time support
>> Found it, thanks. For .net 2.0 this is registry key is in a bit
>> different place but I was able to figure it out from posts in the
>> Microsoft online forums about design time support for installs in the
>> GAC. Now I can add the Postgresql data provider components to my Toolbox
>> and access them.
>>

> Great! Can you provide links, or explanation so I can add them to Npgsql
> User manual so others can use it too?

The two steps for getting the assembly to show up in the Tools | Choose
Toolbox Items... in Visual Studio 2005 are:

1) Drag the assembly into the GAC, or use gacutil, to install the
assembly in the GAC.
2) Add a registry key under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v2.0.50727\AssemblyFoldersEx
with whatever name you like ( I named mine PostGresql ) with a default
value of the directory ( trailing backslash ) where the assembly resides.

> Thanks in advance.

Your welcome.

Re: .Net support for Visual Studio

От
"Francisco Figueiredo Jr."
Дата:

Você quer respostas para suas perguntas? Ou você sabe muito e quer compartilhar seu conhecimento? Experimente o Yahoo!
Respostas!

http://br.answers.yahoo.com/