Обсуждение: Re: sql3types.h copyright question?

Re: sql3types.h copyright question?

От
Christof Petig
Дата:
Jussi Maki wrote:
> Hi,
> While checking some copyright issues I noticed that your sql3types.h
> which is included in PostgreSQL does not meantion the license?
>
> Is this on purpose or do you confirm that PostgreSQL BSD license is
> applied there? If possible it would be nice if the reference to the
> applicable license would be included as a reference in the source code
> of sql3types.h too.

Of course the file was meant to have the same license as the rest of
ecpg which is BSD (IIRC).

Michael, can you change the header accordingly.
  Christof

Re: sql3types.h copyright question?

Дата:
Christof Petig wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Jussi Maki wrote:
> > Hi,
> > While checking some copyright issues I noticed that your sql3types.h
> > which is included in PostgreSQL does not meantion the license?
> >
> > Is this on purpose or do you confirm that PostgreSQL BSD license is
> > applied there? If possible it would be nice if the reference to the
> > applicable license would be included as a reference in the source code
> > of sql3types.h too.
>
> Of course the file was meant to have the same license as the rest of
> ecpg which is BSD (IIRC).
>
> Michael, can you change the header accordingly.

Thanks, done.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

Re: sql3types.h copyright question?

От
Christof Petig
Дата:
Jussi Maki wrote:
> Sorry, I noticed also couple of other files in the
> src/interfaces/ecpg/test directory that has Christof's one-liner
> copyrigth (dyntest.pgc and dyntest2.pgc), what about those?

I don't think that too much thinking makes sense regarding the license
of those trivial _examples_. Put them under BSD or PD to your liking.

A header file is important, an example does not matter much to any user
of the database.

Thank you for cleaning up license issues.  Christof