Обсуждение: Beta of DBD::Pg 1.44 available

Beta of DBD::Pg 1.44 available

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Beta of DBD::Pg 1.44 available

От
Sean Davis

On 9/13/05 8:24 PM, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

> The first beta of DBD::Pg version 1.44 is now available at:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~dbdpg/
>
> SHA1 and MD5 Checksums for the tarball:
>
> 1c8593d2bf66562ac9ff1f169bb02aabb178ad00  DBD-Pg-1.43_1.tar.gz
> a5752ac6d69928f7a8b2254ae8377ee0  DBD-Pg-1.43_1.tar.gz
>
> This version has some deep changes, so testing is much appreciated. In
> particular, both the do() and quote() methods have been rewritten.
> In addition, the get_info() information has been greatly expanded.
> Information I was not sure about is marked with a "## ??" in the Pg.pm
> code - anyone familiar with the ODBC / ANSI standards, please take a look.
>
> Here is the complete list of changes:
>
> - Added $dbh->{pg_default_port} method [GSM]
> - Overhaul get_info data, add many more values [GSM]
> - Overhaul type_info data (fixes CPAN bug #13806) [GSM]
> - Explicitly prevent any parsing of statements for placeholders
>  unless they begin with "SELECT", "INSERT", "UPDATE", or "DELETE"
>  Suggested by (and fixes) CPAN bug #13608 [GSM]

Greg,

Thanks for doing all of this.  I will give it a whirl.  Just a quick
question on the point directly above: does this imply that explain and
explain analyze are excluded from placeholder parsing?  I don't personally
use them programmatically, but I think that particularly for count(*) types
of queries or receiving estimates of the number of returned tuples without
executing the query, people could potentially use explain select....  Pardon
my laziness for not looking at the code for my own answers.

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Beta of DBD::Pg 1.44 available

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Beta of DBD::Pg 1.44 available

Дата:
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> writes:
>> Thanks for doing all of this.  I will give it a whirl.  Just a quick
>> question on the point directly above: does this imply that explain and
>> explain analyze are excluded from placeholder parsing?

The existing approach for that isPREPARE foo(parameter types) AS SELECT ...EXPLAIN [ANALYZE] EXECUTE foo(parameter
values)

> ... A third (and probably best) option is to make the parser
> inside of DBD::Pg recognize dollar-quoting.

I think you need to do that, independently of anything else ...
        regards, tom lane