Обсуждение: Can you bind output variables?

Can you bind output variables?

От
"Mark Crosland"
Дата:
Hello,

Can you use paramValues[] in either PQexecParams or PQexecPrepared to read
data from the DB into the bound variables?

Or can you only bind input values? And all output must be read by iterating
over rows and columns using PQgetvalue() ?

Thanks,
Mark,

Re: Can you bind output variables?

От
"Goulet, Dick"
Дата:
But the method that libpq has for returning data is, I believe, much
more friendly than other DBMS's.  Try using Oracle's SQLDA, it's a lot
more complicated.  Although once setup it works well.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA
> Can you use paramValues[] in either PQexecParams or PQexecPrepared to
read
> data from the DB into the bound variables?

Nope, those are input values only.  Maybe you should be looking at ecpg
--- "bound variables" is an idea completely foreign to libpq.