Обсуждение: Ecpg : caught by global sqlca

Ecpg : caught by global sqlca

От
Mark Kirkwood
Дата:
Dear list,

I have been porting a few embedded sql programs from DB2 to Postgres.
While overall its a pretty painless exercise, I did get caught by the
global sqlca thing.

The piece of code went something like :

EXEC SQL INCLUDE sqlca;

main() {
.. struct sqlca sqlca;
..
(more code)
}

Now I found that any tests on sqlca.sqlcode within main() produced
meaningless results.

Eventually light dawned that sqlca looked like it was uninitialized, and
that I need to have something like :

EXEC SQL INCLUDE sqlca;
struct sqlca sqlca;

main()
..

This strikes me as something that would be good to mention in the Ecpg
doco - in bold type for people like me....:-)

regards

Mark

Re: Ecpg : caught by global sqlca

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:59:14PM +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> While overall its a pretty painless exercise, I did get caught by the
> global sqlca thing.

Actually some people are already working on a thread safe sqlca
implementation which will change the whole situation.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De