Обсуждение: api library for windows client(newbie)

api library for windows client(newbie)

От
"Vandana Sudheer"
Дата:
Hi All,
  I am new to postgres, I would like to know the best
and reliable way to access a postgres server on linuxfrom a windows client. I don't want odbc. Is there any
C++ class libraries for BCC 5.5 ?
  Thanks in advance.

Vandana

Re: api library for windows client(newbie)

От
"Jeroen T. Vermeulen"
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 12:58:56AM -0000, Vandana  Sudheer wrote:

>   I am new to postgres, I would like to know the best
> and reliable way to access a postgres server on linux
> from a windows client. I don't want odbc. Is there any
> C++ class libraries for BCC 5.5 ?

You could try libpqxx; it works on several systems and compilers,
although as far as I know it hasn't been ported to Borland's yet.

You can find libpqxx at
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/libpqxx/

An alternative is the more or less outdated libpq++:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/libpqpp/

Jeroen

Re: api library for windows client(newbie)

Дата:
Libpq, which is used by most other interfaces _except_ odbc and jdbc,
can be compiled using MS Visual C++.  I just put in a patch for Borland
C++ 5.5, and that will appear in 7.4.  If you search the archives you
can find it and apply to 7.3.X.  Then you can use libpq (C) or any of
the other interfaces under MSWin.

Vandana  Sudheer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    I am new to postgres, I would like to know the best
> and reliable way to access a postgres server on linux
>  from a windows client. I don't want odbc. Is there any
> C++ class libraries for BCC 5.5 ?
>
>    Thanks in advance.
>
> Vandana

Pennsylvania19073