Обсуждение: Which perl5 Pg to use? Who maintains it?

Which perl5 Pg to use? Who maintains it?

От
Palle Girgensohn
Дата:
Hi!

There seems to be some confusion (at least I am confused :) as to which
copy of the perl5 postgresql module `Pg' is most up-to-date. There is one
distributed with the postgresql source, and another one at CPAN, and they
seem to have been developed in parallell? postgresql seems to version 1.8.0
from CPAN, with local modifications, and there is a 1.9.0 at CPAN.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this? As postgres code is in freeze
now, will the version on CPAN synchronize?

Thanks for you time!

/Palle

Re: Which perl5 Pg to use? Who maintains it?

Дата:
Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> writes:
> Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

Edmund Mergl doesn't talk to us much :-(

> As postgres code is in freeze
> now, will the version on CPAN synchronize?

We are not holding up 7.2 release to make that happen.  It'd be good if
Mergl sent us some updates, but at this point they'd be going into 7.3.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Which perl5 Pg to use? Who maintains it?

От
Palle Girgensohn
Дата:
--On Sunday, January 20, 2002 19:36:41 -0500 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:

> Palle Girgensohn <girgen@partitur.se> writes:
>> Maybe someone can shed some light on this?
>
> Edmund Mergl doesn't talk to us much :-(

:(

>> As postgres code is in freeze
>> now, will the version on CPAN synchronize?
>
> We are not holding up 7.2 release to make that happen.

Well, I really ment the other way around; that the version on CPAN should
synchronize. The 1.9.0 (on CPAN) is from Apr 2000, and I honestly think the
postgresql version is more fresh and up-to-date, but there are no cvs
comments in the postgresql repository about "importing 1.9.0"...

> It'd be good if
> Mergl sent us some updates, but at this point they'd be going into 7.3.

Well, they're free to fetch on CPAN, but as I said, I believe they're more
out-of-date than the stuff in src/interfaces/perl5. Bruce has touched most
of the files there within the last six months.

Regards,
Palle