Обсуждение: ECPG ... how to convert from oracle -> pgsql ...

ECPG ... how to convert from oracle -> pgsql ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Morning all ...
Been asked to look into the difficultly of converting from Oracle
embedded C -> PostgreSQL, and, so far, I'm totally lost ...
Have been given a sample file to work with, but running straight
'ecpg <filename>' on it gives errors right from the start ... read the
docs on the web site, don't seem to help much, unless I'm just reading the
wrong sections (Programmers Guide) ...
First error that comes up, for instance, is:

rmail.pc:95: ERROR: parse error at or near "("
Which appears to correspond with this line (line 96):
       short           dl_eagwarn= (short) DL_EAGWARN;  /* lzvex980516 */
Which is in a "EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;" block ... if I get
rid of the (short), it continues on ... until it hits:
Error: Cannot open include file oraca in line 123
Okay, so that is Oracle specific ... just remove it?
Does anyone have, know of, or is starting, a doc for techdocs that
talks about converting from Oracle -> PostgreSQL embedded C?

Re: ECPG ... how to convert from oracle -> pgsql ...

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 01:47:19PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>     Been asked to look into the difficultly of converting from Oracle
> embedded C -> PostgreSQL, and, so far, I'm totally lost ...

Shouldn't be too difficult though as I tried to add some Oracle
compatibility hacks. But the more non-standard features your Oracle program
uses the more difficult it gets.

> docs on the web site, don't seem to help much, unless I'm just reading the
> wrong sections (Programmers Guide) ...

Ehem, the docs need work.

> rmail.pc:95: ERROR: parse error at or near "("

Should be fixed in CVS. Up to version 2.8.0 (PGSQL 7.1.3) ecpg didn't allow
casts in declare section.

>     Okay, so that is Oracle specific ... just remove it?

You have too. We do not have anything similar to oraca.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

Re: ECPG ... how to convert from oracle -> pgsql ...

Дата:
Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 01:47:19PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >     Been asked to look into the difficultly of converting from Oracle
> > embedded C -> PostgreSQL, and, so far, I'm totally lost ...
>
> Shouldn't be too difficult though as I tried to add some Oracle
> compatibility hacks. But the more non-standard features your Oracle program
> uses the more difficult it gets.
>
> > docs on the web site, don't seem to help much, unless I'm just reading the
> > wrong sections (Programmers Guide) ...
>
> Ehem, the docs need work.

CVS docs are improved over 7.1 docs.

Pennsylvania19026