Обсуждение: ODBC driver and referential integrity

ODBC driver and referential integrity

От
Max Khon
Дата:
hi, there!

as far as I can see PostgreSQL ODBC driver cannot return errors on
referential integrity violations. is this a weel-known issue?
I tried driver that comes with postgresql distribution and the driver
that comes with unixODBC. They are quite similar and the reason why they
cannot handle referential integrity violation errors is that
'C' reply from backend comes before 'E'.

/fjoe

Re: ODBC driver and referential integrity

От
Max Khon
Дата:
hi, there!

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Cedar Cox wrote:

> It's a well known issue to me after being on the mailing list for only
> three weeks..
>
> Are you volunteering to fix it? ;)

patch attached. It is originally made for unixODBC PostgreSQL ODBC driver
but applies cleanly to sources shipped with 7.0.2.
this fixes RI error handling for me (for simple tests -- haven't tried
to run something more complicated than simple INSERTs).

/fjoe