Обсуждение: Still have problem with single quotation mark

Still have problem with single quotation mark

От
theofilu@eunet.at (Theofilu Andreas)
Дата:
Hi to all,

There is still a problem with the single quotation mark (') inside a
string, when this string is inserted into the database and one uses 'ecpg'.
Someone on this list told me, that I should precede a ' with a second '
(''). Then it would not be interpreted as the end of string. I did this and
realy, now it is not interpreted at all. 'ecpg' puts now both quotation
marks into the database table. This makes for example the words 'I don't
want this' appear as 'I don''t want this'. Preceding the quotation mark
with a backslash does not help also. Then I get the SQL error 'too many
arguments in line xxx'. This is really annoying. How can I fix this?

--
Theofilu Andreas
http://members.eunet.at/theofilu

Re: [INTERFACES] Still have problem with single quotation mark

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 10:11:53PM +0200, Theofilu Andreas wrote:
> There is still a problem with the single quotation mark (') inside a
> string, when this string is inserted into the database and one uses 'ecpg'.
> Someone on this list told me, that I should precede a ' with a second '
> (''). Then it would not be interpreted as the end of string. I did this and
> realy, now it is not interpreted at all. 'ecpg' puts now both quotation
> marks into the database table. This makes for example the words 'I don't
> want this' appear as 'I don''t want this'. Preceding the quotation mark
> with a backslash does not help also. Then I get the SQL error 'too many
> arguments in line xxx'. This is really annoying. How can I fix this?

Which version do you use? There was a quotation problem that should be solved in
the current version. Also how do you feed the date into the statement? As a
char variable or as a constant string?

Michael
Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!