Обсуждение: How translate KOI-8 to Win1251 whith PsqlODBC

How translate KOI-8 to Win1251 whith PsqlODBC

От
"Sergey V. Kryaczevskih"
Дата:
Hi

 Does anybody in Russia use psqlkoi8.dll writen by Aleksey Demakov.
I still have problem whith translation koi8 to win1251 under Access.
I've ask Aleksey and got detailed instruction about how to edit
registry. But I still don't undestand is PsqlODBC call the
"TranslationDLL" or not and how can I see this process :-).
If someone has any experience in this sphere, please help.

Sincerelly,
                    Sergey

--
 Сергей Кряжевских (Sergey V. Kryaczevskih)
 Отделение разработки систем, г. Киров (System Development Group, Kirov, Russia)

Re: [INTERFACES] How translate KOI-8 to Win1251 whith PsqlODBC

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Hi,

it seems you need to configure postgres with --enable-recode option
and configure charset.conf in the same way as Russian Apache does ?
Let me know if you have more info.

    Regards,

        Oleg

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Sergey V. Kryaczevskih wrote:

> Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 19:35:05 +0400
> From: "Sergey V. Kryaczevskih" <serg@ors.kirov.ru>
> To: PSQL Interfaces to Send <pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org>
> Subject: [INTERFACES] How translate KOI-8 to Win1251 whith PsqlODBC
>
> Hi
>
>  Does anybody in Russia use psqlkoi8.dll writen by Aleksey Demakov.
> I still have problem whith translation koi8 to win1251 under Access.
> I've ask Aleksey and got detailed instruction about how to edit
> registry. But I still don't undestand is PsqlODBC call the
> "TranslationDLL" or not and how can I see this process :-).
> If someone has any experience in this sphere, please help.
>
> Sincerelly,
>                     Sergey
>
> --
>  Сергей Кряжевских (Sergey V. Kryaczevskih)
>  Отделение разработки систем, г. Киров (System Development Group, Kirov, Russia)
>  e-mail: serg@ors.kirov.ru;
>  www   : http://www.ors.kirov.ru

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: [INTERFACES] How translate KOI-8 to Win1251 whith PsqlODBC

От
Aleksey Demakov
Дата:
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:

> Hi,
>
> it seems you need to configure postgres with --enable-recode option
> and configure charset.conf in the same way as Russian Apache does ?
> Let me know if you have more info.

You refer to another way to do character translation. It could be done
either on the server side with this option or on the client side with
translation dll. These two ways are absolutely unrelated.

Regards,
Aleksey

--
Aleksey Demakov
avd@gcom.ru

Re: [INTERFACES] How translate KOI-8 to Win1251 whith PsqlODBC

От
Aleksey Demakov
Дата:
>  Does anybody in Russia use psqlkoi8.dll writen by Aleksey Demakov.
> I still have problem whith translation koi8 to win1251 under Access.

What kind of problem do you have?

> I've ask Aleksey and got detailed instruction about how to edit
> registry. But I still don't undestand is PsqlODBC call the
> "TranslationDLL" or not and how can I see this process :-).

Use psql on your unix box to see your tables. If you will be able to read
them both under windows and unix it's all right.

BTW, if you still have problems why hadn't you wrote me an answer to
my message? You could email directly to me in Russian.

Regards,
Aleksey

--
Aleksey Demakov