Обсуждение: new pgindent run before branch?

new pgindent run before branch?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
Hi,

Would anyone mind too much if I refreshed typedefs.list and
re-indented the whole tree before we branch?  There's not too much
churn at the moment, and I feel like it would be nice to start the
cycle in as clean a state as possible.

Current results of this attached.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

Дата:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 04:02:27PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would anyone mind too much if I refreshed typedefs.list and
> re-indented the whole tree before we branch?  There's not too much
> churn at the moment, and I feel like it would be nice to start the
> cycle in as clean a state as possible.
>
> Current results of this attached.

Sure, seems like a good idea.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

Дата:
> Would anyone mind too much if I refreshed typedefs.list and
> re-indented the whole tree before we branch?

+1, I was planning to do that myself.
        regards, tom lane

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Would anyone mind too much if I refreshed typedefs.list and
>> re-indented the whole tree before we branch?
>
> +1, I was planning to do that myself.

Great.  Are you handling creating the new branch?  If so, it probably
makes sense for you to do this just beforehand.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

Дата:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Would anyone mind too much if I refreshed typedefs.list and
>>> re-indented the whole tree before we branch?

>> +1, I was planning to do that myself.

> Great.  Are you handling creating the new branch?

Yeah, I guess.  I've made most of them lately.

> If so, it probably
> makes sense for you to do this just beforehand.

OK.
        regards, tom lane

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

Дата:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:23:14PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> +1, I was planning to do that myself.
>
> > Great.  Are you handling creating the new branch?
>
> Yeah, I guess.  I've made most of them lately.
>
> > If so, it probably
> > makes sense for you to do this just beforehand.
>
> OK.

I am confused --- are you pgindenting just HEAD and not 9.6?  Why?

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

Дата:
> I am confused --- are you pgindenting just HEAD and not 9.6?  Why?

The point is to pgindent while they're still the same.
        regards, tom lane

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

Дата:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:31:35PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I am confused --- are you pgindenting just HEAD and not 9.6?  Why?
>
> The point is to pgindent while they're still the same.

So I read this:

> >> +1, I was planning to do that myself.
>
> > Great.  Are you handling creating the new branch?
>
> Yeah, I guess.  I've made most of them lately.
>
> > If so, it probably
> > makes sense for you to do this just beforehand.
>
> OK.

It sounds like you are saying that the branch is to happen before the
pgindent run.  Am I missing something?

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

Дата:
> It sounds like you are saying that the branch is to happen before the
> pgindent run.  Am I missing something?

I read it as pgindent then branch.
        regards, tom lane

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

Дата:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:35:44PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > It sounds like you are saying that the branch is to happen before the
> > pgindent run.  Am I missing something?
>
> I read it as pgindent then branch.

OK, good.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: new pgindent run before branch?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Great.  Are you handling creating the new branch?
>
> Yeah, I guess.  I've made most of them lately.

I'll do it if you want.