Обсуждение: how is the WAL receiver process stopped and restarted when the network connection is broken and then restored?

Hello,

I have one Primary server and one Standby server. They are doing streaming replication well.

I  did some testing. I broke the network connection between them for a few minutes, and then restored the network. I found the both the WAL sender and WAL receiver were stopped and the restarted.

I wonder how WAL receiver process is stopped and restarted. I have checked the code hoping to find out the answer, but I don't have any clue.

Could anyone help?

Thanks,
Rui Hai