Обсуждение: Incremental refresh of materialized view - Patch

Incremental refresh of materialized view - Patch

От
"hari.prasath"
Дата:
Hi all
      I am building a patch to refresh materialized view incrementally from the change set decoded by using logical decoding from WAL.

      As of now i can able to generate the changes that has to be updated in the materialized view but the thing was it not possible to do any DML operations on MATVIEWS.

      Only from the concurrent refresh of matviews the DML operations are allowed.

      However if the same methods in matview.c OpenMatViewIncrementalMaintenance & CloseMatViewIncrementalMaintenance are mad extern its possible to do DML from the patches like i am building now.

      Is there any other way of doing DML operations on materialized views from patch.?

      <correct me if i am wrong>

cheers
- Harry

Re: Incremental refresh of materialized view - Patch

От
"hari.prasath"
Дата:
[...]

Kevin Grittner
Дата:
On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM, hari.prasath <hari.prasath@zohocorp.com> wrote:

>       However if the same methods in matview.c
> OpenMatViewIncrementalMaintenance & CloseMatViewIncrementalMaintenance are
> mad extern its possible to do DML from the patches like i am building now.
>
>       Is there any other way of doing DML operations on materialized views
> from patch.?

If you want to maintain materialized data using application-level
DML, you should use a table, not a materialized view.  Once there
is built-in incremental maintenance, allowing DML will just make
the contents of a materialized view completely unreliable.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com