Обсуждение: Refactor pg_dump as a library?

Refactor pg_dump as a library?

От
Jakob Egger
Дата:
Would anybody else be interested in a pg_dump library? I've found a thread from 2013 related to the idea, but the
discussioncame to nothing.

Thread started here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/71e01949.2e16b.13df4707405.Coremail.shuai900217@126.com

My Motivation:

I'm the developer of a PostgreSQL GUI client, and I am looking for ways to integrate pg_dump into my application. The
mainuse case would be to get the dump of individual tables (for example, when you want to create a table similar to an
existingone)

Bundling pg_dump with my application and calling it doesn't allow the fine grained control and integration I would like
tohave. Also, pg_dump always opens a new connection; I would prefer to use an existing database connection instead.

In case anybody else is interested in this, I can offer to sponsor some developer time towards this effort.

Best regards,
Jakob

Re: Refactor pg_dump as a library?

От