Обсуждение: tab completion for alter extension

tab completion for alter extension

От
Jeff Janes
Дата:
tab completion for "alter extension foobar update" yields a list of
tables.  That is actively misleading.  (This is not new in 9.6.)

It should complete to nothing, or "TO" followed by a list of available versions.

The attached patch takes approach 2.  I thought of adding a ";" to the
list completions to signify you can optionally end the command
immediately after UPDATE and have it be a complete command.  But I
thought perhaps that was too clever, and unprecedented.

Will add to commitfest-next

Cheers,

Jeff

Вложения

Re: tab completion for alter extension

От
Gerdan Santos
Дата:
Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            tested, passed

I did some tests and found nothing special. The stated resource is implemented correctly.
He passes all regression tests and enables the use of the new features specified.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer

Re: tab completion for alter extension

Дата:
Gerdan Santos <gerdan@gmail.com> writes:
> I did some tests and found nothing special. The stated resource is implemented correctly.
> He passes all regression tests and enables the use of the new features specified.

> The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer

Pushed, thanks.
        regards, tom lane