Обсуждение: Fix compiler warnings in Cube Extension

Fix compiler warnings in Cube Extension

От
David Rowley
Дата:
Hi,

My compiler is complaining about cube_coord() and cube_coord_llur() not returning a value on all code paths.  On looking at this I noticed that this is happening due the pattern used is not quite aligned with other code, as normally we do:

if (<error condition>)
   ereport(<some error>);

do stuff;
PG_RETURN_....(value);

I've rearranged the code to be aligned more with what's normal.  In passing I also adding some missing and removed some unneeded parenthesis, and also adjusted some white space.

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: Fix compiler warnings in Cube Extension

Дата:
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> My compiler is complaining about cube_coord() and cube_coord_llur() not
> returning a value on all code paths.

Yeah, looking at that code, this would be expected from any compiler
that doesn't know that ereport() doesn't return.  On it now.  The
documentation aspect of that commit leaves much to be desired as well.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Fix compiler warnings in Cube Extension

От
David Rowley
Дата:
On 29 December 2015 at 07:38, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> My compiler is complaining about cube_coord() and cube_coord_llur() not
> returning a value on all code paths.

Yeah, looking at that code, this would be expected from any compiler
that doesn't know that ereport() doesn't return.  On it now.  The
documentation aspect of that commit leaves much to be desired as well.

Great. Thanks for committing.

--
 David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/