Обсуждение: REASSIGN OWNED doesn't know how to deal with USER MAPPINGs

REASSIGN OWNED doesn't know how to deal with USER MAPPINGs

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
Hi,

We just notice $SUBJECT. Attached patch fixes it by ignoring USER
MAPPINGs in shdepReassignOwned() just like it happens with default
ACLs.

DROP OWNED manages it well.

--
Jaime Casanova                      www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Вложения

Re: REASSIGN OWNED doesn't know how to deal with USER MAPPINGs

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On 10 December 2015 at 13:04, Jaime Casanova
<jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We just notice $SUBJECT. Attached patch fixes it by ignoring USER
> MAPPINGs in shdepReassignOwned() just like it happens with default
> ACLs.

BTW, shouldn't we at least give a warning on those cases instead of
asuming that the user will know that some objects were ignored?

--
Jaime Casanova                      www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Re: REASSIGN OWNED doesn't know how to deal with USER MAPPINGs

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 10 December 2015 at 13:04, Jaime Casanova
> <jaime.casanova@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We just notice $SUBJECT. Attached patch fixes it by ignoring USER
> > MAPPINGs in shdepReassignOwned() just like it happens with default
> > ACLs.

Yep, I had already posted this patch elsewhere, and I just pushed it.

> BTW, shouldn't we at least give a warning on those cases instead of
> asuming that the user will know that some objects were ignored?

I don't think so.  This kind of thing is supposed to silent when nothing
is to be done.