Обсуждение: rhel6 rpm file locations

rhel6 rpm file locations

От
Ted Toth
Дата:
I'm trying to use a newer version than is available from RH in our
custom distro but am having problems install both x86_64 and i686 rpms
because file conflicts. We have some i686 packages that use libgdal
which pulls in libpq which ends up in the same location in both the
x86_64 and i686 postgresql lib and devel rpms. Why doesn't postgresql
use _libdir and other standard rpm macros?

Ted

Re: rhel6 rpm file locations

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Ted Toth <txtoth@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to use a newer version than is available from RH in our
> custom distro but am having problems install both x86_64 and i686 rpms
> because file conflicts. We have some i686 packages that use libgdal
> which pulls in libpq which ends up in the same location in both the
> x86_64 and i686 postgresql lib and devel rpms. Why doesn't postgresql
> use _libdir and other standard rpm macros?

From where did you get the RPMs that you are using?

There is more than one set, and they are maintained by different people.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: rhel6 rpm file locations

От
Ted Toth
Дата:
http://yum.postgresql.org/9.4/redhat/rhel-6.5-x86_64/

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Ted Toth <txtoth@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to use a newer version than is available from RH in our
>> custom distro but am having problems install both x86_64 and i686 rpms
>> because file conflicts. We have some i686 packages that use libgdal
>> which pulls in libpq which ends up in the same location in both the
>> x86_64 and i686 postgresql lib and devel rpms. Why doesn't postgresql
>> use _libdir and other standard rpm macros?
>
> From where did you get the RPMs that you are using?
>
> There is more than one set, and they are maintained by different people.
>
> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: rhel6 rpm file locations

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Ted Toth <txtoth@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Ted Toth <txtoth@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm trying to use a newer version than is available from RH in our
>>> custom distro but am having problems install both x86_64 and i686 rpms
>>> because file conflicts. We have some i686 packages that use libgdal
>>> which pulls in libpq which ends up in the same location in both the
>>> x86_64 and i686 postgresql lib and devel rpms. Why doesn't postgresql
>>> use _libdir and other standard rpm macros?
>>
>> From where did you get the RPMs that you are using?
>>
>> There is more than one set, and they are maintained by different people.
>
> http://yum.postgresql.org/9.4/redhat/rhel-6.5-x86_64/

Those are maintained by Devrim Gunduz and Jeff Frost.  Adding them to
the "Cc" list.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: rhel6 rpm file locations

От
Ted Toth
Дата:
Are there any other packagers following the Fedora 'standards' that
you are aware of?

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Ted Toth <txtoth@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> From where did you get the RPMs that you are using?
>>>
>>> There is more than one set, and they are maintained by different people.
>>
>> http://yum.postgresql.org/9.4/redhat/rhel-6.5-x86_64/
>
> Those are maintained by Devrim Gunduz and Jeff Frost.  Adding them to
> the "Cc" list.
>
> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: rhel6 rpm file locations

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
> On May 27, 2015, at 12:40 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Ted Toth <txtoth@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> From where did you get the RPMs that you are using?
>>>
>>> There is more than one set, and they are maintained by different people.
>>
>> http://yum.postgresql.org/9.4/redhat/rhel-6.5-x86_64/
>
> Those are maintained by Devrim Gunduz and Jeff Frost.  Adding them to
> the "Cc" list.

Could you show us the copy/paste of your yum install output?

Re: rhel6 rpm file locations

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 08:54 -0500, Ted Toth wrote:
> Are there any other packagers following the Fedora 'standards' that
> you are aware of?

It is not about following the standards or not. Unlike distro RPMs, you
can install multiple PostgreSQL versions into the same box using
community RPMS. That caused a bit of breakage.

So, instead of using %{_libdir}, we install our libs and binaries
under /usr/pgsql-X.Y, (like 9.4, 9.3), and use lib/ and bin/
subdirectory under that one. So, we are are not multiarch compatible.

I am not sure if we can ship 32-bit libs with 64-bit packages or not,
though, to fix this issue.