Обсуждение: add -s to vacuumdb

add -s to vacuumdb

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hey folks,

Just had your standard... our pg_ tables are all bloated out, what is a
good way to take care of that. We have -s for reindexdb but not
vacuumdb. Thoughts?

JD

Re: add -s to vacuumdb

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 05/05/2015 03:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Just had your standard... our pg_ tables are all bloated out, what is
> a good way to take care of that. We have -s for reindexdb but not
> vacuumdb. Thoughts?

What command will it run? VACUUM doesn't have a SYSTEM flag, unlike REINDEX

cheers

andrew

Re: add -s to vacuumdb

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 05/05/2015 12:22 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 05/05/2015 03:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> Just had your standard... our pg_ tables are all bloated out, what is
>> a good way to take care of that. We have -s for reindexdb but not
>> vacuumdb. Thoughts?
>>

> What command will it run? VACUUM doesn't have a SYSTEM flag, unlike REINDEX

The equivalent of:

vacuum (FULL/VERBOSE/ANALYZE/FREEZE) pg_*

Just like REINDEX/reindexdb

JD

Re: add -s to vacuumdb

От
Fabrízio de Royes Mello

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> On 05/05/2015 12:22 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>

>> On 05/05/2015 03:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>>

>>> Hey folks,
>>>
>>> Just had your standard... our pg_ tables are all bloated out, what is
>>> a good way to take care of that. We have -s for reindexdb but not
>>> vacuumdb. Thoughts?
>>>

>> What command will it run? VACUUM doesn't have a SYSTEM flag, unlike REINDEX
>

> The equivalent of:
>
> vacuum (FULL/VERBOSE/ANALYZE/FREEZE) pg_*
>
> Just like REINDEX/reindexdb

IMHO isn't difficult to add a --system option to vacuumdb  and would be nice to have a --schema option too.

Some time ago I proposed to add SCHEMA option to VACUUM command [1] but it was not very well accepted and the better way is add more options to vacuumdb. I started a patch to add more powers to --tables option to vacuumdb but unfortunately I had no time to finish it.

I know it's another thing but the internal refactoring in vacuumdb to support it enable us to add --system and --schema options also.

Regards,