Обсуждение: Wrong error message in REINDEX command

Wrong error message in REINDEX command

От
Sawada Masahiko
Дата:
Hi,

I got wrong error message when I did REINDEX SYSTEM command in
transaction as follows.
It should say "ERROR:  REINDEX SYSTEM cannot run inside a transaction block"
Attached patch fixes it.

[postgres][5432](1)=# begin;
BEGIN
[postgres][5432](1)=# reindex system postgres;
ERROR:  REINDEX DATABASE cannot run inside a transaction block
STATEMENT:  reindex system postgres;

Regards,

-------
Sawada Masahiko

Вложения

Re: Wrong error message in REINDEX command

Дата:
Sawada Masahiko <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> writes:
> I got wrong error message when I did REINDEX SYSTEM command in
> transaction as follows.
> It should say "ERROR:  REINDEX SYSTEM cannot run inside a transaction block"
> Attached patch fixes it.

Hm, yeah, looks like ReindexObject() has a similar disease internally
(not to mention being very inappropriately named itself...)
        regards, tom lane