Обсуждение: XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE handling of wal_log_hints

XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE handling of wal_log_hints

От
Petr Jelinek
Дата:
Hi,

when I was fixing how commit_ts handles the XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE I
noticed that for wal_log_hints we assign the value in ControFile to
current value instead of value that comes from WAL.

ISTM it has just information value so it should not have any practical
impact, but it looks like a bug anyway so here is simple patch to change
that.

Re: XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE handling of wal_log_hints

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I was fixing how commit_ts handles the XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE I noticed
> that for wal_log_hints we assign the value in ControFile to current value
> instead of value that comes from WAL.
>
> ISTM it has just information value so it should not have any practical
> impact, but it looks like a bug anyway so here is simple patch to change
> that.
Right. That's something that should get fixed in 9.4 as well..
        ControlFile->track_commit_timestamp = track_commit_timestamp;
The new value of track_commit_timestamp should be taken as well from
xlrec on master btw.
--
Michael

Re: XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE handling of wal_log_hints

От
Petr Jelinek
Дата:
On 07/01/15 00:59, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I was fixing how commit_ts handles the XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE I noticed
>> that for wal_log_hints we assign the value in ControFile to current value
>> instead of value that comes from WAL.
>>
>> ISTM it has just information value so it should not have any practical
>> impact, but it looks like a bug anyway so here is simple patch to change
>> that.
> Right. That's something that should get fixed in 9.4 as well..
>
>           ControlFile->track_commit_timestamp = track_commit_timestamp;
> The new value of track_commit_timestamp should be taken as well from
> xlrec on master btw.

That's part of the larger fix for CommitTs that I sent separately in
response to the bug report from Fujii - there is much more to be done
there for CommitTs than just this.

Services

Re: XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE handling of wal_log_hints

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 01/07/2015 11:53 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> On 07/01/15 00:59, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> when I was fixing how commit_ts handles the XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE I noticed
>>> that for wal_log_hints we assign the value in ControFile to current value
>>> instead of value that comes from WAL.
>>>
>>> ISTM it has just information value so it should not have any practical
>>> impact, but it looks like a bug anyway so here is simple patch to change
>>> that.
>> Right. That's something that should get fixed in 9.4 as well..
>>
>>            ControlFile->track_commit_timestamp = track_commit_timestamp;
>> The new value of track_commit_timestamp should be taken as well from
>> xlrec on master btw.
>
> That's part of the larger fix for CommitTs that I sent separately in
> response to the bug report from Fujii - there is much more to be done
> there for CommitTs than just this.

Pushed this part now. I'll let you and Fujii handle that larger fix. Thanks!

- Heikki