Обсуждение: Missing newlines in verbose logs of pg_dump, introduced by RLS patch

Missing newlines in verbose logs of pg_dump, introduced by RLS patch

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

Recent commit 491c029 introducing RLS has broken a bit the verbose logs of pg_dump, one message missing a newline:
+               if (g_verbose)
+                       write_msg(NULL, "reading row-security enabled for table \"%s\"",
+                                         tbinfo->dobj.name);
The patch attached corrects that.
Michael
Вложения

Re: Missing newlines in verbose logs of pg_dump, introduced by RLS patch

От
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recent commit 491c029 introducing RLS has broken a bit the verbose logs of pg_dump, one message missing a newline:
> +               if (g_verbose)
> +                       write_msg(NULL, "reading row-security enabled for table \"%s\"",
> +                                         tbinfo->dobj.name);
> The patch attached corrects that.

The schema name is missing... attached patch add it.

Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL
>> Timbira: http://www.timbira.com.br
>> Blog: http://fabriziomello.github.io
>> Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriziomello
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabriziomello
>> Github: http://github.com/fabriziomello
Вложения

Re: Missing newlines in verbose logs of pg_dump, introduced by RLS patch

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
The schema name is missing... attached patch add it.
Ah, right, thanks. It didn't occur to me immediately :) Your patch looks good to me, and you are updating as well the second message that missed the schema name in getRowSecurity.
Michael

Re: Missing newlines in verbose logs of pg_dump, introduced by RLS patch

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Michael Paquier (michael.paquier@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello <
> fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The schema name is missing... attached patch add it.
> >
> Ah, right, thanks. It didn't occur to me immediately :) Your patch looks
> good to me, and you are updating as well the second message that missed the
> schema name in getRowSecurity.

Thanks to you both- will review.
Thanks again,
    Stephen

Re: Missing newlines in verbose logs of pg_dump, introduced by RLS patch

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
* Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
> * Michael Paquier (michael.paquier@gmail.com) wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello <
> > fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The schema name is missing... attached patch add it.
> > >
> > Ah, right, thanks. It didn't occur to me immediately :) Your patch looks
> > good to me, and you are updating as well the second message that missed the
> > schema name in getRowSecurity.
>
> Thanks to you both- will review.

Fix pushed- thanks!
Stephen