Обсуждение: pg_recvlogical not accepting -I to specify start LSN position

pg_recvlogical not accepting -I to specify start LSN position

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

As written in subject, pg_recvlogical does not work properly with
option -I but it should:
$ pg_recvlogical -I 0/0
pg_recvlogical: invalid option -- I
Try "pg_recvlogical --help" for more information.
$ pg_recvlogical --help | grep "\-I"
  -I, --startpos=PTR     where in an existing slot should the streaming start
Attached patch corrects that, reshuffling at the same time the option
letters parsed with getopt_long in alphabetical order.

Michael

Вложения

Re: pg_recvlogical not accepting -I to specify start LSN position

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2014-05-25 22:35:24 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> As written in subject, pg_recvlogical does not work properly with
> option -I but it should:
> $ pg_recvlogical -I 0/0
> pg_recvlogical: invalid option -- I
> Try "pg_recvlogical --help" for more information.
> $ pg_recvlogical --help | grep "\-I"
>   -I, --startpos=PTR     where in an existing slot should the streaming start

Good catch. Apparently only the long argument version ever worked...

> Attached patch corrects that, reshuffling at the same time the option
> letters parsed with getopt_long in alphabetical order.

Hm. Not a big fan of this in isolation. In the attached patch I've
reordered the options to all be ordered alphabetically, but only inside
the section they are in --help.

What do you think?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Re: pg_recvlogical not accepting -I to specify start LSN position

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Attached patch corrects that, reshuffling at the same time the option
>> letters parsed with getopt_long in alphabetical order.
>
> Hm. Not a big fan of this in isolation. In the attached patch I've
> reordered the options to all be ordered alphabetically, but only inside
> the section they are in --help.
>
> What do you think?
That's fine as well. Thanks.
--