Обсуждение: Fix memset usage in pgcrypto

Fix memset usage in pgcrypto

От
Marko Kreen
Дата:
http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0227/ reported that on-stack memset()s
might be optimized away by compilers.  Fix it.

* Replace memset() with px_memset()
* Add px_memset to copy_crlf()
* ADd px_memset to pgp-s2k.c

--
marko

Вложения

Re: Fix memset usage in pgcrypto

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Marko Kreen escribió:
> http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0227/ reported that on-stack memset()s
> might be optimized away by compilers.  Fix it.

Just to clarify, this needs to be applied to all branches, right?  If
so, does the version submitted apply cleanly to all of them?

Re: Fix memset usage in pgcrypto

От
Marko Kreen
Дата:
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 06:49:21PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Marko Kreen escribió:
> > http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0227/ reported that on-stack memset()s
> > might be optimized away by compilers.  Fix it.
>
> Just to clarify, this needs to be applied to all branches, right?  If
> so, does the version submitted apply cleanly to all of them?

It does apply cleanly.  It is not critical fix, but it's simple,
so I think it should be back-patched.

--
marko

Re: Fix memset usage in pgcrypto

Дата:
On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 03:42:12PM +0200, Marko Kreen wrote:
> http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0227/ reported that on-stack memset()s
> might be optimized away by compilers.  Fix it.
>
> * Replace memset() with px_memset()
> * Add px_memset to copy_crlf()
> * ADd px_memset to pgp-s2k.c

Where are we on this patch?  Seems it needs backpatching too.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: Fix memset usage in pgcrypto

Дата:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 09:03:41PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 03:42:12PM +0200, Marko Kreen wrote:
> > http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0227/ reported that on-stack memset()s
> > might be optimized away by compilers.  Fix it.
> >
> > * Replace memset() with px_memset()
> > * Add px_memset to copy_crlf()
> > * ADd px_memset to pgp-s2k.c
>
> Where are we on this patch?  Seems it needs backpatching too.

Patch backpatched through 8.4.  Thanks.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +