Обсуждение: missing SSI check in heapgettup_pagemode() ?

missing SSI check in heapgettup_pagemode() ?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
I was scrolling heapgettup() and heapgettup_pagemode() in parallel, and
noticed that the former calls CheckForSerializableConflictOut() for
tuples read, and the latter doesn't.  Is there a reason for this
discrepancy?  If so, I think it warrants a comment about the missing
check.

Re: missing SSI check in heapgettup_pagemode() ?

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 05.09.2013 20:30, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I was scrolling heapgettup() and heapgettup_pagemode() in parallel, and
> noticed that the former calls CheckForSerializableConflictOut() for
> tuples read, and the latter doesn't.  Is there a reason for this
> discrepancy?  If so, I think it warrants a comment about the missing
> check.

In page-at-a-time mode, the CheckForSerializableConflictOut() is done in
heapgetpage(). Same with the visibility checks.

- Heikki

Re: missing SSI check in heapgettup_pagemode() ?

От
Kevin Grittner
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> I was scrolling heapgettup() and heapgettup_pagemode() in parallel, and
> noticed that the former calls CheckForSerializableConflictOut() for
> tuples read, and the latter doesn't.  Is there a reason for this
> discrepancy?  If so, I think it warrants a comment about the missing
> check.

That is covered in heapgetpage().

Do you want to offer a patch to add a comment to that effect, or
would you prefer that I do?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com